Sunday, October 17, 2010

Alive She Cried

Alright.  OK.   Awwwww what thoughts left on the road.  Collected amidst the mayhem of beginning a life in Taiwan, which I honestly thought, but foolish believed could be done in a way that was like just moving from one town, or city, to another. Oops. My apologies to you all. Our conversations will be more often, we all want friends who are there.  We will be better compatriots.   On that note, all is back on track.  Some of those simple things.
Banana man, on the rented scooter.  A simple 125cc that got two of us around for over a month.  The yellow is a better choice than the pink alternative.  Sizes for 6' plus are rare without search and expense. So banana man I am when it rains, and it rains a lot.
Our city of Chiayi (Jah-yeeh) is a train turning point for the mountainous destinations, or just to work in this small city.  This is the walkway over the back tracks.

Not everything moves all the time..., but eventually does.  Probably. 

The high speed rail out of Chiayi.  This thing cruises, 280 km/hour, to you 173 miles/hour.   The engineering is pretty impressive, from stations, to the ride, to the precision of arrival time.  Oh yes, and all the color coordination...

Yeah, this is grass.  That is a hand dryer... in the bathroom at the Taipei train station.  OK, I get a general idea of what it is supposed to represent, but I'm not really sure what to make of this. 
 Alright, this is the quick one to get it out there.  The next is almost immediate.  Naughty monkeys, we will be better.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not really sure what to make of that either, and I don't think I get the general idea. Your blog is awesome though, I really don't want it to end. If you want to speak English with me, we should set up another Skype session! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete