Saturday, December 4, 2010

Bounce Back

Oh so long since I've been here.  I've been ESL Taiwaned.  My first job at a school here ended with a month-long catharsis of meetings that clarified nothing.  From talking with many other teachers here, a good half of new teachers to Taiwan end up in a back contract with a school that abuses them.  I could be over estimating, but from speaking with the group of about 40 teachers I know, easily half have had a similar experience.  I just decided not to put up with it, and resigned.  I do have a part time gig, and I've had some great teaching experiences-the students were great (most of them) and my coworkers are top notch, just the biz was not.  So, I am forging ahead.  Please pardon the three week break, but I've been in, arrrrggggg, meetings in almost every free moment-except weekends where we get out into the world. 

So here are just a few shots to end a week where officially I am done at one place and moving on.  Here's some shots of things that keep me going when the heat turns up...
Skinks, where would we be without skinks?

Food
Tiny fried shrimp


Art, especially art with barbarella

The scooter

Without a doubt this lovely gal

No comments:

Post a Comment